½ lb ground chicken or pork
1 tbsp finely chopped green onions
1 tbsp Ying's Spicy Kungpao Sauce
1 tsp salt
1 small egg
2 Chinese eggplants
1 cup Ying's Light & Crispy Batter Mix
2-3 cups vegetable oil
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Cut eggplants into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
3. Prepare the batter mix according to the instructions.
4. Place a thin layer meat mixture, about 1 1/2 teaspoons on an eggplant piece and place another piece on top to make a little sandwich.
5. Coat the eggplant sandwich with the batter.
6. Heat oil in a wok or sauce pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, then deep fry the coated Eggplant sandwich until golden brown. Drain.
Serve them with Ying`s Yum Yum Sauce as a dipping sauce. Great appetizer for Easter!
Note: You might want to choose the bigger size Chinese eggplants so when you cut them, you will have bigger rounds to hold fillings.