Poached Fish with Kungpao Sauce
1 lb. fish ( tilapia, cod or haddock) 1 teaspoon cooking wine 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional) 1 egg white (optional) 1 1/2 teaspoons starch (optional) 1 teaspoon oil 1 clove garlic, chopped 1 teaspoon chopped ginger 4-5 dry red chillies 8-10 slices of color sweet peppers (optional) 1/4 cup Ying's Spicy Kungpao Sauce 2 tablespoons cold water 2-3 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
1. Cut fish into thin slices and place them in a mixing bowl. Add cooking wine, salt, egg white and starch. Mix well.
2. In a pot, add 3 cups water and bring it to a boil. Turn down heat to keep it simmer ( about 150 degrees). Place fish pieces in the water and cook about 3 minutes or until they are done.
3. Remove fish from water and place them on a serving plate.
4. Heat oil in a wok or skillet, add garlic, ginger, and peppers. Stir for 30 seconds.
5. Add Ying's Spicy Kungpao Sauce and water. Turn down heat and let it simmer for 30 seconds or until the sauce starts bubbling.
6. Pour sauce over fish and sprinkle peanuts on top.