2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup all purpose flour
¼ cup corn starch
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 cups oil, divided
1 cup broccoli florets
¼ cup carrot, sliced
¼ cup red bell pepper, sliced
¼ cup Ying’s Spicy Kungpao Sauce
1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
1. Cut chicken breast into small cubes. In a mixing bowl combine flour, starch, salt, baking powder, egg, 1 ½ tablespoons oil and 1/3 cup cold water.
2. Mix well. Place chicken cubes in the batter and coat.
3. Heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat in a wok or pot. Place chicken pieces in the hot oil one piece at time.
4. Deep fry battered chicken for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove them from the pan with slotted spoon.
5. After frying all the chicken, remove all but 1 tablespoon oil from the wok. Add vegetables and stir-fry for 1 minute.
6. Then add Ying’s Spicy Kungpao Sauce and fried chicken to the pan. Stir for 30 more seconds. Top with roasted peanuts.