Almond Boneless Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 2 teaspoons cooking wine ¼ teaspoon salt ¼ cup corn starch for dry coating 3-4 cup vegetable oil for frying 1 tablespoon sliced roasted Almond
¾ cup flour ½ cup & 2 tablespoons water 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon sugar ½ teaspoon oil
¾ cup Ying’s Stir Fry Sauce dash pepper 1 teaspoon oil 1 tablespoon ground or finely chopped roasted almonds
1. Place chicken breast on cutting board, cut horizontally into 2 thin slices equal in size. Marinate with wine and salt for 30 minutes, then dry coat with starch; set aside.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and keep warm.
3. Combine batter mix in a bowl and mix well. Coat chicken with the batter.
4. Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat until 375 degrees; reduce heat to medium, deep fry the chicken about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Cool and cut the chicken into 4 to 5 slices. Pour sauce over and sprinkle almonds on top. (Pour sauce right before serving to keep the chicken crispy and for extra crispy, re-fry chicken on high heat for one minute)