1 lb tender loin or flank steak 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional) 1 ½ tablespoons corn starch 2 teaspoons cold water 3 cups vegetable oil ¾ cup Ying’s Orange Sauce 1 clove chopped garlic 1-2 spicy red chili peppers (optional) Pinch orange peel strips (optional) 1 teaspoon chopped green onion (green part)
1. Cut beef into thin slices, and stir in salt. Mix well.
2. Combine corn starch and cold water. Mix well and add beef. Mix with your hands to coat beef with the starch solution.
3. Heat oil in a wok or deep pan on medium high heat. Deep fry coated beef in hot oil until brown (about 2 minutes). Drain.
4. In a frying pan or wok, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add garlic, red chili peppers and orange peel. Stir fry for 10 seconds.
5. Add Ying’s Orange Sauce and cook until it starts bubbling, then add fried beef and stir to coat.
Place orange beef on a serving plate and garnish with chopped green onion.
Enjoy this delicious dish!