2 green onions
5-8 pieces cilantro
1 lb ground pork
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon rice wine
1 egg white
¼ cup starch
3 cups oil
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
1 carrot, julienne
½ cup Ying’s Spicy Kungpao Sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
1. Cut green onions and cilantro into 2-inch lengths. Place ground pork in a container, add salt, wine, egg white and 1 tablespoon of the starch, mix well.
2. Divide the meat mixture into 4 even parts. Take one part at a time, using hands to form a ball. Coat the meatball with thin layer of dry starch. Do the same with the other three.
3. Heat oil in a wok, and fry the meatballs until they are golden brown (about 8 minutes). Remove and drain the meatballs on paper towels. Remove oil, reserving 1 tablespoon oil in the wok.
4. Add ginger, green onions, carrots and cilantro, and stir-fry for 10 seconds, add Ying’s Spicy Kungpao Sauce and stir fry for 10 more seconds.
5. Return meatballs back to wok and add chicken broth. Cook until it boils, then turn it down and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Transfer meatballs to a serving plate, then pour sauce directly over the meatballs.
Makes 4 servings.