INGREDIENTS: ¼ lb skirt steak 2 long eggplants 1 small red pepper 1 green chili pepper 1 small carrot, peeled ¼ cup sliced water chestnut ½ teaspoon salt 1 slice ginger, fine chopped 2 cloves garlic, fine chopped 1 green onion, chopped 3 cups cooking oil ¼ cup diced onions ¼ cup Ying's Stir Fry Sauce
1. Cut beef into thin slices, eggplant into thick wedges, red and gre
en pepper into cubes. Cut carrot into 2” slices. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon salt on eggplant wedges.
2. Chop ginger, garlic and green onion.
3. Heat 2 to 3 cups of oil over medium-high heat in a large preheated skillet or wok. Lay in eggplant and deep-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned.
4. Drain eggplant on paper towel and set aside.
5. In a wok or pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. When oil is hot add ginger, garlic, and green onion.
6. Stir for a few seconds, and then add beef, stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add vegetables.
7. Stir fry for another 30 seconds. Finally, stir in the eggplant and then the sauce.
Makes 2-3 servings. Serve and enjoy.