8 oz. Dan Dan noodles or any thin egg noodles
2 tablespoons oil
½ lb. ground chicken (optional)
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup Diced Onion
1/4 cup chopped Carrots
Small Yellow bell pepper (seeded and diced)
Sliced 1 cup of Gray squash
2 T. Cilantro
1 cup Ying's Dan Dan Noodle sauce
Thin egg noodles
This vegetable is called gray squash. We use a lot in stir fry back home in China. It is like zucchini but light skinned, a little bigger in width, sweeter and crunchier.
Dan Dan Noodles with Vegetables
1. Bring 3 quarts s water to a boil. Add salt to taste, if desired.
2. Add noodles and return to a boil and cook, uncovered, for 2 ½ minutes (egg noodles for 5-7 minutes) or until desired tenderness.
3. Stir occasionally. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan or wok, add ground chicken and garlic, stir fry for 1 minute.
5. Add vegetables and continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
6. Then add ¾ cup Ying’s Dan Dan Noodle Sauce. Cook until it bubbles.
7. To serve, place noodles in a plate, pour some sauce on top and garnish with chopped cilantro.