2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons cooking wine
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup corn starch for dry coating
3-4 cup vegetable oil for frying
1 tablespoon sliced roasted Almond
¾ cup flour
½ cup & 2 tablespoons water
1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon oil
¾ cup Ying’s Stir Fry Sauce
1 teaspoon oil
1 tablespoon ground or finely chopped roasted almonds
1. Place chicken breast on cutting board, cut horizontally into 2 thin slices equal in size. Marinate with wine and salt for 30 minutes, then dry coat with starch; set aside.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and keep warm.
3. Combine batter mix in a bowl and mix well. Coat chicken with the batter.
4. Heat oil in a wok over medium high heat until 375 degrees; reduce heat to medium, deep fry the chicken about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Cool and cut the chicken into 4 to 5 slices. Pour sauce over and sprinkle almonds on top. (Pour sauce right before serving to keep the chicken crispy and for extra crispy, re-fry chicken on high heat for one minute)