Hawaiian Fried Rice
INGREDIENTS: 1 ½ cup rice 4 tablespoons oil ¼ cup chopped onion ¼ cup sliced carrots 8 peapods, cut in half 1 egg, beaten ½ cup fully cooked turkey ham cubes ½ cup pineapple tidbits 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce 2 tablespoons Ying's Sweet & Sour Sauce Salt to taste
Prepare Rice: Cook rice according to instructions.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat in a wok or skillet .
2. Add onions, carrots and peapods. Stir fry for 1 minute or until peapods are tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
3. Heat another 2 tablespoons oil in the wok, add egg and stir until no more running.
4. Add ham, vegetables, pineapple and rice to the wok. Stir fry for 1 more minute or until rice is heated through.
5. Drizzle with soy sauce and Ying's Sweet & Sour Sauce. Stir to mix.
Tip: It’s best to use leftover rice, or cook rice a day ahead and keep it in refrigerator overnight. This will make the texture of the fried rice firm. Makes 4 servings.