Note: For Orange Chicken, use Ying's Orange Sauce and orange slices instead of pineapple cubes.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup water
½ onions, diced
½ cup green pepper, diced
½ cup red pepper, diced
1 14oz. can pineapple chunks
1 cup Ying's Sweet & Sour Sauce
1/2 cup Ying's Batter Mix
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons ice cold water
Cut chicken breast into 1-inch cubes, and stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix well.
Combine Ying's Batter Mix with oil and water in a container.
1. Heat 2 to 3 cups oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok.
2. Dip chicken into the batter, and fry until golden brown; take chicken out and place in serving container.
3. Remove oil, reserving 1 tablespoon in wok over medium-high heat.
4. When oil is heated, add onions, green and red peppers, stir for a few seconds, then add the sauce and heat for 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat, pour over the chicken, and add some pineapple cubes on top.
Serve and enjoy. Makes 4 servings.