½ lb ground chicken or pork
¼ teaspoon black pepper*
1 tableapoon soy sauce*
1 teaspoon sugar*
1 teaspoon chopped ginger *
1 teaspoon sesame oil*
1 tablespoon chopped green onions
1 teaspoon salt
2 Chinese eggplants
1 cup Ying's Light & Crispy Batter Mix
2-3 cups vegetable oil
Yings Yum Yum Sauce
(optional: Ying's Korean BBQ Marinade)
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl ( you can substitute all 5 ingredients with* with 1 1/2 tablespoons Yings Korean BBQ) . Mix well.
2.Prepare the batter mix according to the instructions.
3. Cut eggplants into 1/4 inch thick pieces lengthwise.
4. Place about 1 1/2 teaspoons meat mixture onto an eggplant piece and place another piece on top to make a little sandwich.
5. Coat the eggplant sandwich with the batter.
6. Heat oil in a wok or sauce pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, then deep fry the coated Eggplant sandwich until golden brown. Drain.
Serve them with Ying`s Yum Yum Sauce as a dipping sauce. Great appetizer for the holidays!